IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 06, 2022
Located in Etobicoke is a one of Canada's leading 3rd Party Logistics Organizations.
What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to join a reputable organization, collaborating with some of Toronto's top talent and working with the latest technological solutions.
The Analyst, BI will be a valuable member in contributing to our client’s future. Supporting the BI Lead, this individual will be responsible for implementation of new customer projects, change requests and managing day to day support of the business inquiries and BI environment. They will participate as part of a team in design and implementation of standardized reporting & analytics processes to support current and future reporting needs of business. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You work with various stakeholders to proactively elicit and analyze business requirements for Business Intelligence (BI) solutions and user/operational reports
- You actively seek out opportunities to add business value through reporting and analytics
- You participate in the conceptual design of BI report development/dashboard & visualization solutions that meet business objectives in compliance with best practices
- You respond to analytical requests with solution design from the bottom up, addressing: data modeling, analytical structure, security and BI visualization
- You design, development & support of reporting solutions using the SAP BW, SAP BusinessObjects (Crystal, Webi) & Qlik Sense
- You design BI/BW data models, data store objects, and information stores to sustain current and future needs
- You design/develop custom data sources based on business requirements in SAP or non-SAP systems or enhance standard SAP data sources
- You prepare project/initiative related documentation (solution designs, business rules, technical information, test plans/scripts & etc.)
- You provide support and maintenance of the existing BW, BusinessObjects & Qlik Sense environments including data loads, security and etc.
- You provide customer support, training, investigation & troubleshooting of inquiries/tickets
- You assist in setting up Enterprise standards and best practices
- You Ensue optimal system performance & data integrity
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- Strives to go above and beyond the call of duty.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 8 + years of experience modeling/implementation of SAP BW data warehousing solutions and reporting with SAP BEx, SAP Business Objects, and their best practices
- Experience in configuration & enhancement of standard SAP ECC data sources.
- Knowledge in SAP functional areas such as SD, MM, WM, FI, HR
- Proven experience in development/configuration of custom ETL processes using SAP BW for SAP and non-SAP data sources
- Experience in ABAP programing in relation to SAP BW
- Experience with the core components of the Business Objects reporting tool suite, 4.x or higher (Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, Dashboards and building Universes)
- Experience in performance tuning of SAP BW objects & Processes
- Experience in information broadcasting, dynamic recipients etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP Portal and BI launch pad configuration & administration
- Working experience in BW authorization and authorization concepts in BusinessObjects Enterprise
- Experience with data visualization tools including Qlik view/Qlik Sense and Visualization methodologies & best practices
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- Manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced, flexible environment to deliver incremental value every day.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.