IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 06, 2022
is a steel company based in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
We are seeking a full-time employee with an educational background in Engineering or Computer Science, to work as part of high-performing teams that develop, support, and improve manufacturing related software application systems. These systems are implemented using object-oriented software, inter-system messaging, and relational database technologies. These systems are essential to the operation of our industry-leading manufacturing processes and are part of one of the largest integrated IT environments in Canada. Our personnel have opportunities to work across many IT technologies within a continuous improvement culture. As personnel capabilities expand over time, responsibilities widen and the opportunity for advancement grows.
- University degree in an engineering or computer science program, with formal software training or experience
- Passion for software development
- Software architecture, design, development, modification, testing, deployment & validation
- Object-oriented programming using C++, C# or Java
- Integrated development environment, such as Visual Studio
- SQL and related Oracle/SQL Server software tools
- Knowledge of software development life cycle:? analysis, design, implementation, testing, commissioning, validation & documentation
- Problem investigation, analysis and solving
- Technical learning and knowledge development
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Initiative and drive
- 0 – 5 years professional experience