IT - Project Management
Jan 28, 2022
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm by building out a world class PMO function.
- Primarily responsible for maturing world class PMO functions, plan, define, implement and continuously improve PMO Best Practices (Playbook) – Processes, Tools, Templates/Artifacts to streamline project processes and procedures and maximize operational effectiveness.
- Manage a team of program & project managers, external vendors. Update staffing plans and lead performance management process. Provide leadership, direction, and coaching.
- Develop new project management processes and procedures for new and emerging areas of business,
- Own/Manage Portfolio – Demand & Capacity Management, Planning, Delivery Management Excellence.
- Champion consistent implementation of and compliance with IT Delivery Management framework across all projects/programs.
- Capability Maturity Assessment across the value chain, establishing Reporting & scorecards; Use Tools& Data to provide proactive insights.
- Provide regular visibility to project status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics)
- Establish and monitor KPI’s to inform decisions that maximize returns and business outcomes across programs/projects.
- Responsible for capacity and resource forecasting and planning based on the data on current programs/projects resource utilization and projects in the pipeline.
- Design, implement, and maintain portfolio/project management tools and related processes, such as Timekeeping, Portfolio/Project Management, PPM Confluence, SharePoint, etc.
- Roll up sleeves when necessary to manage projects as needed and provide strong oversight on technically complex projects or new types of projects.
- PMP certification. SAFE/Agile experience preferred.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities; Strong structured, analytical and methodological thinking.
- Proven experience at bringing strategy into plans into executable actions.
- 10+ years of Project Management or Professional Services experience in a global organization
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a management role, with direct reports, including talent management process (recruitment / selection, performance management, performance development / coaching, reward / recognition).
- 5+ years’ experience in leading application development /Software/ Hardware/ Infrastructure and complex integration projects.
- Proven experience at leading or helping grow a PMO department, including development and rolling out of standards, processes and tools.
- Advanced knowledge of change, issue, and risk management and working knowledge of Software development lifecycle (SDLC) and +2 years of experience with Agile delivery methodologies & tooling (JIRA, Confluence, SNOW).
- Comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools, including Agile and Waterfall.
- Advanced project management knowledge including plan development; scheduling methodology; project metrics gathering, analyzing, and reporting; risk assessment and quantification methodologies; cost/benefit analysis and alternatives identification; budgeting, financials and benefits management.
- Understanding of financial principles including project control measures (Earned Value, Cost Performance indicators) and strong affinity and experience with data managed decision support.