IT - Application & Software Development
Jan 28, 2022
Our client, a high-profile Employee Benefits and Insurance Company, located in the GTA, is seeking a Director of IT Security
- End to end ownership of the implementation and roll out of functionality across both the web and mobile streams.
- Develop and execute project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of development teams within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Includes meeting service level agreements(SLA’s) for incident management and service request commitments.
- Work closely with the engineers and automation testers to develop the best technical design and approach. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor.
- Responsible for training, development and coaching of staff. Encourage and develop staff so they advance in their technical expertise and business acumen.
- Ensure Cross training/Knowledge sharing within the team to develop redundancies and backups for all staff.
- University Degree in security/technology related field or equivalent work/education related experience
- Proven management experience in a senior IT security leadership role involving risk management, information security, or IT
- Experience as the senior leader of information security at minimum a mid-size organization or an organization that has substantial sensitive information and supporting technology
- Experience with cloud-based security and on-premise Strong leadership skills and leading within complex businesses and outsourced relationships
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as managing current environment
- Understand/have experience in corporate governance & reporting
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Proven track record and experience developing information security policies and procedures and successfully executing programs that meet objectives of excellence in a dynamic environment
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- High degree of initiative and accountability; able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines and work well in a demanding dynamic environment
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Knowledge of information security management frameworks (NIST framework), SOC2 Compliance