IT - Application & Software Development
Jan 28, 2022
Is the global leader in their space with hundreds of locations across Canada.
What’s in it for you?
A growth opportunity at one of Canada’s fastest growing companies. Developer yourself personally and professionally.
- Participate in planning, estimation effort, execution of development and integration as well as delivery of software modules / enhanced functionality per supplied specifications and within timelines.
- Write easily readable, maintainable, bug free code that is optimized for
- Build and program solutions in accordance with provided design, technologies, methodologies, guidelines, and policies.
- Recommend and/or incorporate the evolving best software development practices in all aspects of development.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and document issues as well as potential resolutions.
- Create effective automated unit and integration tests for systems and enhancements developed, as well as manual test logs where automation cannot be achieved.
- Adhere to predefined testing processes and methodologies.
- Participate in code reviews and provides detailed feedback to ensure compliance with programming standards as well as code optimization and refactoring to improve efficiency and design.
- Ensure that the code is documented and updated in the version control database consistently
- College certificate or University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience to compensate.
- Minimum of 6 years of proven experience in software development.
- Excellent programming and analysis skills with a strong appreciation for the role of technology in business and software solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft .NET Platform: C#, Web Forms, .NET Framework, Swagger, Entity Framework, .NET Core, SQL Server and solid experience with Restful APIs.
Nice to have:
- Experience with containerization (docker, other) will be an asset.
- Experience with Azure application development will be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of development testing methodologies and automated tests as well as using tools including Visual Studio.
- Understanding of front-end technologies would be a solid asset