IT - Application & Software Development
Dec 09, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud and Mobile platforms etc.
- Act as an expert in software development best practices and promote these across the team, other Product Suite teams as well as the broader organization.
- Be responsible for the plan, design, and execution of software development initiatives in the organization.
- Be responsible for providing technical guidance and mentorship to a team of Software Engineers and for all phases of the application development cycle beginning with requirement elicitation, through release and ongoing end-user support.
- Be ultimately accountable for creating innovative, scalable, and tailored software solutions for the organization.
- Establish and build a leading Software Engineering community of practice.
- Actively participate in practice maturation and promote the teams value proposition to the broader organization.
- Direct the team’s individual learning planning and actively contribute to own department’s thought leadership.
- Oversee software development, change, testing and release management processes.
- Act as Agile lead by directing the efforts of development teams, both internal and external.
- Oversee automated unit testing activities.
- Oversee requirements gathering and analysis to understand the domain of the software problem and/or functionality, the interfaces between hardware and software, and overall software characteristics.
- Evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security, and audit).
Skills & Qualifications
- Over 6 years’ experience in technical lead roles in programming and software development.
- Coaching and mentoring experience, particularly directing professional and personal development of a team.
- Expert in Computer Science fundamentals, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodology/principles. Extensive knowledge and experience with development tools such as IDEs and testing software.
- Extensive knowledge of Databases, including Database Development, Support and Querying (SQL)
- Extensive knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Extensive experience across the software development spectrum including full stack development, front end and backend development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization.
- Advanced knowledge of common design patterns and their purpose; and when and how they are applied to commonly encountered design problems.
- Deep experience in writing experience reviewing test plans and performing code reviews. Experience in automated unit testing as well as monitoring and evaluation.