IT - Application & Software Development
Dec 09, 2021
As SharePoint Administrator, working as part of a team that includes a Senior Developer/Solution Architect and a Business Analyst/Project Manager, you will be configuring and maintaining our SharePoint-based intranet platform at both the site level and farm level, supporting its end users and participating in various projects to enhance the platform including the deployment of new solutions and SharePoint upgrade/migration initiatives. As part of your role, you will also liaise with our Networking/Infrastructure team as needed and perform other tasks unrelated to SharePoint as assigned such as administering and supporting other miscellaneous third party applications used by the company.
More specific duties & responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Installing, administering, configuring and maintaining both the SharePoint and SQL severs (including applying patches, updates and certificates as required, creating network load balancing on web servers, creating SFTP connections, etc.).
- Maintaining network infrastructure (as relates to the SharePoint intranet), as well as managing encryption and firewalls.
- Creating SharePoint libraries, lists and/or assisting users to do the same.
- Creating SharePoint workflows and forms and/or assisting the internal development team or external vendors to do the same.
- Participating in QA testing process when new solutions are deployed.
- Adding users, controlling access to data/document libraries, and setting permissions based on management guidelines.
- Performing maintenance of the SharePoint platform, servers, and intranet including regular health checks.
- Troubleshooting and resolving SharePoint issues or malfunctions.
- Providing SharePoint end user support and training.
- Performing data retrieval and backup procedures to prevent data loss.
- Ensuring sufficient storage space by performing clean-ups and archiving data.
- Reviewing usage and activity reports and making adjustments to ensure optimized user-experiences.
- Keeping up to date with SharePoint developments and performing version updates and upgrades.
- Integrating third-party application plug-ins into SharePoint.
- Administering & supporting miscellaneous third party applications such as Colligo, Spotlight, CompareDocs, Workshare, iManage, Adobe Sign, Google Docs.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of networking issues.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of mobile devices.
- Creating Active Directory accounts and Domain Controllers.
- Creating end user FTP accounts.
Qualifications Required (Bold = Must Haves):
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or similar.
- At least 5 years' experience as a SharePoint administrator.
- Extensive knowledge of SP 2010 or 2019
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, as well as SQL Server and PowerShell
- Extensive knowledge of SQL HA and mirroring
- Extensive knowledge of SharePoint Online and SharePoint migration experience are definite assets.
- Working knowledge of RBS as well as the MS Power platform is an asset
- Experience in administering MS Exchange, Teams, Office Online, Azure Active Directory.
- Knowledge of SharePoint tools, including ULS Logs, workflows, and SharePoint forms for tasks.
- Knowledge of F5 application firewall is an asset.
- Superb collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.