IT - Project Management
Jan 28, 2022
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, undergoing major transformation including enterprise level scaled Agile and the development of a new Lean Agile Center of Excellent (Lace).
- Acting as RTE for the Agile Release Train (ART) and Coach for one or multiple ARTs teams and providing a learning environment to maximize team efficiency & overall business value
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PI)
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Fostering a collaborative team environment with Product Suite Owners, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, UX, DevOps, Architects, Leaders, Lean Agile Center of Excellence (LACE) and Agile Program Management Office (APMO) and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Understand and operate within Lean Budgets and ensure adherence to Guardrails
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning events
- Facilitate Product Suite & team-related Agile routes (Release Governance, SOS/PO Sync Stand-Ups, Estimation of epics/features, PI/Iteration events, etc.) while maintaining all artifacts (Backlogs, Decisions, Blockers, etc.).
- Facilitating an ART and a team’s progress towards PI Objectives, team goals, continuously engaging in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, & velocity by creating actionable metrics to provide relevant improvement feedback.
- Coach leaders and everyone in the ART in Lean-Agile practices and mindset
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART using various tools, such as the Portfolio/Product Suite Kanban’s and other information radiators
- Certifications related to Agile development and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as SAFe Release Train Engineer
- Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe Agilist (SA) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
- Prior client experience, preferably in an IT execution role (e.g., Release Train Engineer or Scrum Master or Agile Coach)
- Demonstrated experience with Lean-Agile principles, metrics, and technology and/or experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Lean Thinking, Lean Six Sigma.
- Demonstrated experience enabling teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective lean-Agile practices.
- Ability to assess problems and solve them with a sense of urgency, motivate a team to work together, analyze and apply solutions
- Demonstrated ability to drive work to conclusion without monitoring and/or intervention.
- Specialization in Agile management tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Rally..).