IT - Application & Software Development
Oct 20, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud and Mobile platforms etc.
- End to end ownership on project deliverables
- Collaborate across multiple teams while maintaining good communication to ensure smooth rollout of product releases
- Participate and contribute to all phases in building new digital products, including programming, defect correction, unit testing, code review, and deployment planning
- Work closely with the team, product owner and UI/UX designers
- Assist in producing and execute on technical designs to build scalable and fault-tolerant solutions
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of hands-on mobile application development experience for iPhones/iPads or Android Platforms
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability mobile application development required
- Proficiency in Xcode/Swift or Android Studio/Kotlin required
- Experience in HTTPS, certificates, oAuth2, RESTful APIs, microservices, design patterns, algorithm, performance, security and coding best practices
- Working knowledge of profile provisioning and certificate management (such as push notifications, mapping etc.)
- Knowledge of phone features such as accelerometer, camera, GPS and experience integrating with these functions
- Hands on experience in DevOps CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, CocoaPods, etc), tools (Gradle/Maven, Docker) and test automation
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile XP/Scrum methodologies
- Working knowledge of Java Spring technology is an asset
- Identify and implement best practices for mobile UI design for the iOS and Android platform
- Up to date on Mobile application development standards and trends