Oct 20, 2021
** role is specific to insurance underwriting and must have underwriting experience
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Help transform and lead a key business area into the future. Make a major impact in a Fortune 500, Agile organization.
- Be accountable for the development of a strategic long-term risk segmentation and underwriting rule framework that properly defines the company's risk profile and tolerance,
- Lead an insurance optimization function that generates portfolio analysis and recommendations to support business decisions to improve the health of the insurance operations in quality, profitability and growth.
- Lead the design and development of underwriting rules and policies, by:
- Analyzing current and emerging trends, with proper monitoring and testing procedures
- Conducting pilots and experiments and ensuring robust measurement and a focus on outcomes
- Partnering with Pricing to optimally align risk acceptance with risk appetite
- Partner with Technology, leveraging agile practices to support delivery and execution of underwriting, risk segmentation tools and user experience strategies
- Lead the governance as it relates to health of the insurance portfolio from a quality of mix of business, by:
- Defining an insurance risk quality framework aligning to targeted households
- Designing and developing tools, analysis techniques and monitoring processes
- Conducting impact assessments of strategic and tactical decisions on growth and profit
- Partner with underwriting execution to ensure an effective and efficient delivery of underwriting rules and practices to deliver quality decisions, while achieving best in class customer experience
- Influences underwriting rules and practices to support provincial market team objectives of delivering profitable growth, by leveraging insights and risk management levers
- Partner with technology, leveraging agile practices to support delivery and execution of underwriting, rule, question and user experience strategies via automation
- Education or equivalent working experience: statistics, actuarial, quantitative analytics or undergraduate degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive business experience that ideally includes personal lines insurance, underwriting operations, analytics, and people leadership.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to coach and develop talent
- Able to translate technical language to business language to ensure all stakeholders have a consistent understanding
- Exceptional skills at building relationships, collaborating with others and providing a supportive environment where challenging opinions and questions are welcome.
- Critical thinker with the proven ability to think strategically, problem solve and be creative; willingness to take initiative and risks as needed
- Actuarial experience is considered an asset.