IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 21, 2021
Project control officer
On behalf of our client in the Financial Services Sector, we are looking for a Project Control Officer.
Project control officer - Job Description
Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following:
• Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment and ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded and maintaining ongoing cost to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
• Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
Project control officer - Job Description - Mandatory Skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects of varying complexity in a team environment, as well as developing a thorough understanding of project management techniques
- 5 years of IT PCO experience
- Strong MS Excel skills required to manage, track and report the project budget
- Ability to develop and maintain an MS Project Schedule, including multiple files consolidation and reporting
- Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary.
- Open to evening work
- PMP designation is an asset