IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 21, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud and Mobile platforms etc.
- Evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including disaster recovery, security and audit)
- Champion new technology transitions by learning them quickly, becoming a subject matter expert and producing proofs of concept to determine the technology stack
- Collaborate across multiple teams while maintaining good communication to ensure smooth rollout of product releases
- Collaborate with other software engineers and lead when needed
- Take ownership of the product
- Work with Product Owner(s) and Scrum Master(s) in continuous process improvement for estimating
- Perform coding of simple to complex modules while maintaining component design standards
- Ensure that design reviews are scheduled and executed. Provide feedback and recommend solutions
- Ensure that design standards and documentation are followed
- Ensure code review is conducted with peers to certify code quality and security standards
- Perform Unit testing with TDD and resolve defects
- Define and manage process by which, support and technical assistance is performed
- Performs root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem and manages the resolution of simple to complex problems
- Ensure delivery of change management activities supporting production deployments to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Environment Management personnel
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience: 4+ years
- Experience in web-based application design, development and support in enterprise environments
- Experience in Java Spring.
- Experience in the Microsoft .Net stack, including Visual Studio, C#, ASP.Net, IIS, MVC and Web API
- Working knowledge of MVC, MVVM patterns
- Working knowledge of programming best practices and design patterns
- Working knowledge of security best practices (OWASP)
- Experience in API design and API-First approach
- Experience with web services using REST protocol
- Experience designing database schema, writing stored procedures (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Exposure and knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP etc.)
- Exposure to Engineering practices such as TDD, Pair programming is desirable