IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 21, 2021
- Great Linux experience (setting up servers, maintaining and working in the terminal) with an eye for detail.
- A comfortable sys-admin and DevOps visionary, who likes to keep up to date with new technologies.
- A good understanding of Terraform - it's benefits, pitfalls and how to get the best out of using it.
- A strong understanding of Kubernetes, containers, deployment, and automation.
- Scripting experience: Shell (Bash), PHP, Python, Perl, Groovy, etc.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of the wider ecosystem; Istio, Helm, Prometheus, Influx etc
- Ability to make key decisions to build or improve client infrastructure, with well thought out, evidence rich reasoning - which can be explained well to the team and the client.
- Experience of managing highly available Internet-facing platforms.
- Logging and security hardening; system documentation and designs.
- Orchestration tools, e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef etc.
- In depth familiarity with cloud service provider offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure etc)
- Experience of transitioning projects into Managed Service support.
- Excellent customer-facing communication skills and team member communication skills - working as a part of a team and explaining difficult concepts to technical and nontechnical staff.
Our client is…
- A global full-service digital consultancy firm. Their global team is dedicated to delivering seamlessly integrated strategies, immersive user experiences, cross-platform development, deployment, training, and ongoing support. They have a results-focused approach which allows them to understand the client needs, shape digital strategies, and forge a path to deliver business success.
- Provide Linux support for our rapidly growing business.
- Configure and manage orchestration for our Linux environments on cloud based services and bare metal servers (mostly CentOS and Ubuntu).
- Take responsibility for building and maintaining our core infrastructure for clients.
- Implement automation processes for building client infrastructure, choosing the most appropriate tools.