IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 21, 2021
One of Canada's largest Insurance Companies.
What’s in it for you?
A dynamic team, exciting challenges, beautiful offices, inspiring colleagues and a great work culture. Our client is always names as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. They are a financially stable company, and a proven leader in their industry.
- Manage, motivate and lead the expansion of a high-performance, multidisciplinary software engineering project team comprised of data integration specialists (developers, business analysts, architects, quality assurance and delivery leads etc.) supporting the Finance Modernization of the organization.
- Work directly with internal project and program managers, architects and delivery leads to provide resources and solutions to support their requirements by deploying robust, low-maintenance functionality as per delivery schedules
- Ensure sound governance of the delivery lifecycle with robust testing, controls, documentation and hand-off processes to ensure a smooth transfer of new features to support teams
- Act as mutual back-up of the production support manager on occasion
- Lead status meetings and assignment planning of internal and contracted resources on projects in matrix mode
- Effect intake of evolutive initiatives for sizing and dispatching to project managers
- Manage and maintain trusting and collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders (i.e. IT support groups, audit, operations, business partners, contractors, compliance, senior management etc.)
- Cultivate change and innovative thinking to support a culture of continuous improvement and lead a transition towards a more agile delivery model
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Software Engineering or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing IT project teams and production support teams
- Experience managing IT resources within a Waterfall delivery model
- Experience in change management and transformation within a project/program context
- English required, bilingualism an asset
- Experience with Cloud integration, data and/or analytics solutions, an asset
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness, Oracle Fusion, ERP, EPM ecosystems, an asset
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial reporting processes and operations, an asset