IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 21, 2021
One of Canada's largest Insurance Companies.
What’s in it for you?
A dynamic team, exciting challenges, beautiful offices, inspiring colleagues and a great work culture. Our client is always names as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. They are a financially stable company, and a proven leader in their industry.
As a Manager Software Engineering you will solve technical challenges and influence our long-term technical strategy. We need you to be accountable for leading, inspiring, energizing and ensuring high engagement of a cross-functional team.
You should have proven skills as a development leader delivering SOA-based software with UIs, APIs, and Services that enable business agility. You are always ready to roll-up your sleeves and dive into technical and architecture challenges helping your team make the right decisions.
- Own technology, architecture and development practices aspects for designated portfolio
- Be responsible for setting and implementing the technological vision for developing software to serve company needs
- Be aggressive in driving progress to the implementation of our Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and end-to-end Automation practices
- Implement and strengthen Test Driven Development (TDD) practices across multiple squads
- Work closely with IT Leadership to ensure ongoing focus on reusability and scalability to maximize returns on the CL suite of applications
- Collaborate with other Software Engineering Managers and Project Managers to ensure all initiatives have appropriate staffing, balancing business need with the individual’s experience and career aspirations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
- This is a highly technical role and will be suitable for those with Development and/or architecture lead background with a strong record of making sound and solid technical decisions.
- Significant experience leading software engineering teams through the full software development life cycle
- Extensive experience defining and executing Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) processes and workflows
- Experience with Security best practices and Secure Coding guidelines
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, SOAP, XML, WSDL.
- Strong understanding of Agile Principles and demonstrated ability to apply it on daily basis.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile Frameworks (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in project management competencies including planning, budget and timeline management, scope management, risk management, timely decision making, effective team building.
- Knowledge of Commercial Lines Insurance
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) is a bonus