IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 21, 2021
Duration: 6 Months to start, high probability of renewal.
- College certificate or University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience to compensate.
- Minimum of 6 years of proven experience in software development.
- Excellent programming and analysis skills with a strong appreciation for the role of technology in business and software solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft .NET Platform: C#, Forms, ASP.NET, .NET Framework 4.5+, .NET Core, SQL Server 2016+ and solid experience with Restful APIs.
- Strong working knowledge of development testing methodologies as well as using automated tools including Visual Studio 2017+.
We have a second role that will focus on:
SSRS 2017+ report development. While not limited to the following, some of the data sources expected to be in scope are Dynamics 365 ERP data entities, SQL Server data, XML, Json, REST APIs, Mongo DB, Azure datalake.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging abliities.
- Strong working knowledge of development patterns, methodologies and best practices, service oriented architecture.
- Strong working knowledge in database design, programming.
- Customer focused approach and quality conscious ideologies from a development, application architecture as well as business applications perspective.
- Participate in planning, estimation effort, execution of development and integration as well as delivery of software module / enhanced functionality per supplied specifications and within timelines.
- Perform the role of a programmer and analyst as necessary to build and program solutions in accordance with provided design, technologies, methodologies, guidelines and policies.
- Ability to transform business requirements and specifications into business-critical forms and reports. The requirements for such initiatives could be submitted in form of wireframes or user stories and use cases.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and document issues as well as potential resolutions.
- Create effective automated unit and integration tests for systems and enhancements developed, as well as manual test logs where automation cannot be achieved. Adhere to predefined testing processes and methodologies.
- Participate in code reviews and provides detailed feedback to ensure compliance with programming standards as well as code optimization and refactoring to improve efficiency and design.
- Participate in peer testing initiatives as required.
- Ensure that the code is documented and updated in the version control database consistently.