IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 21, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud and Mobile platforms.
- Act as a ‘Servant Leader’ and be responsible for supporting a collaborative and trust-based environment for a single team.
- Be responsible for supporting and fostering a self-organizing team while facilitating all the scrum ceremonies for the team.
- Use skills especially facilitation, to coach the team in incremental and iterative approaches to delivering products and services.
- Acts as a supporting conduit between the Product/Service owners, the Development team and other cross-functional teams.
- Utilize Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools and methods to enhance transparency and accountability within the team(s)
- Acts as a ‘personal’ coach to the team and continue to build knowledge on agile/lean best practices and processes with a focus on creating a self-organizing team
- Facilitates all Scrum ceremonies such as Standup, Planning, Review and Retrospective sessions
- With the support from more senior Scrum Masters, manages conflict, motivates and models an open communication environment
- Manages/escalates risks as related to delivery commitments made by the team
- Supports the team in refinement and planning of issues, epics and/or user stories proposed by the product/service owner
- Actively builds own knowledge and grasp of relevant products, services and processes to effectively support the Development team
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to influence and coach teams towards high performance in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt previous experience to new and evolving environments
- Basic experience with software delivery and/or Agile transformation at scale in large enterprise organizations
- Experience in Agile methodologies, reporting and tools (Jira, confluence etc)
- Experienced in applying well documented Agile techniques (user stories, backlog tracking, burndown techniques, velocity, Acceptance Test driven development, Continuous Testing, etc.)
- Basic understanding of software technologies and of the various Software Development Life Cycle methodologies (Agile, Incremental and Iterative, Lean)
- Basic understanding of operational and governance principles (Release management, change management, etc)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience providing agile support to functional teams
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM); and / or certified in Agile Project Management (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI ACP) or equivalent).
- Undergraduate Degree in computer or Software engineering, business, information sciences, related field or equivalent experience