IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 21, 2021
Duration: 12 months initially
A Fortune 100 company, a global household name, voted as one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is continuing in major technology transformations.
What's in it for you?
Join a Fortune 100 firm as they continue to transform. A collaborative working environment with a great deal of flexibility and autonomy. Work on challenging complex projects, end-to-end in support of their key business areas and often global in scope.
- Work with development, QA and infrastructure teams to develop automation procedures and workflow processes to streamline deployment and release of multiple cloud solutions.
- Collaborate with technical leads, project managers and IT management to plan and implement CI/CD strategies including implementation of DevSecOps tools and technologies.
- Analyze the current technology landscape and develops plans and processes for improvement and expansion
- Lead implementation of development, testing and automation tools
- Define/Refine development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Collaborate and work with corporate teams to provision IT infrastructure for various levels
- Identify and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Actively participates in project planning meetings to share their knowledge of system options, risk, impact, and costs vs. benefits.
- Possess technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code
- Perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis to eliminate inefficiencies and manual processes
- Performs routine application maintenance to ensure the production environment runs smoothly. Develops maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Recommend performance enhancements by performing gap analysis, identifying alternative solutions, and assisting with modifications.
- Monitor and measure KPIs and regularly report on the progress to project team and management
- Thorough understanding of DevOps and Agile principles
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process for cloud applications by accessing tools like Jenkins
- Hands-on experience in building, designing and maintaining cloud-based applications with Azure, AWS etc.
- Hands-on experience to build and handle VM’s, Containers utilizing tools like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- 5+ years experience in the following
- Source Control version tools such as SVN, Gitlab, Jira
- Configuration management tools like Puppet, SaltStack, Ansible, etc.
- Databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Mongo
- Windows and Linux operating system environments.