IT - Application & Software Development
Sep 21, 2021
A Fortune 100 company, a global household name, voted as one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is continuing in major technology transformations.
What's in it for you?
Join a Fortune 100 firm as they continue to transform. Work on high performance development teams in technically advanced environment. A collaborative working environment with a great deal of flexibility and autonomy. Work on challenging complex projects, in support of their key business areas and often global in scope.
- Provide expertise to development project groups in defining and development of existing as well as proposed applications.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of applications using architecture and design standards and security/cyber.
- Develop front-end and back-end services to support strategic and divisional initiatives or projects.
- Innovate, implement and socialize end-to-end solutions for strategic initiatives based working with with business partners and development team members
- Be involved in designing, developing, prototyping and implementing scalable, reusable and robust regional business solutions
- Utilize design expertise for new and current systems, including a variety of methods, best-practices and approaches (e.g., object-oriented design, design patterns, event-driven design) to achieve architectural design goals, such as reliability and scalability and evolution
Related Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering (advantage)
- Sun Certified Java Programmer an Asset
- A minimum of 4 years’ work experience working on the full life-cycle of development for small to complex projects across a broad range of information technology related capabilities
- Solid experience in agile software development methodology
- Understanding and adherence to software quality assurance principles, and practices to deliver robust, scalable and secure applications
- Demonstrated experience of Agile/DevOps process
- Familiarity of design expertise for new and current systems, including a variety of methods, best-practices and approaches (e.g., object-oriented design, design patterns, event-driven design) to achieve architectural design goals, such as reliability and scalability and evolution.
- knowledge in developing and testing new and/or enhanced software solutions leveraging diverse programming languages, integrated development environments (IDE), API and Web frameworks, version control tools
- Java core technologies, Springboot and front-end technologies (ideally Angular)