IT - Application & Software Development
Jun 20, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud and Mobile platforms.
- Acts as a ‘personal’ coach to their team continues to build knowledge on agile/lean best practices and processes with a focus on creating a self-organizing team
- Facilitates all Scrum ceremonies such as Standup, Planning, Review and Retrospective sessions
- With the support from more senior Scrum Masters, manages conflict, motivates and models an open communication environment to surface issues for faster resolution
- Manages/escalates risks as related to delivery commitments made by the team
- Supports the team in refinement and planning of issues, epics and/or user stories proposed by the product/service owner
- Actively builds own knowledge and grasp of relevant products, services and processes to effectively support the Development team
- Actively consults more senior Scrum Masters in searching for ways to enhance their team’s collaboration and productivity by proposing creative solutions to any obstacles.
- Facilitates backlog grooming and Sprint review sessions to support incremental delivery of products or services
- Supports Product/Service Owner in managing the Backlog with support from the Scrum Master and/or the Senior Scrum Master
- Collaborates with other Scrum Masters to improve process efficiency and increase collaboration and transparency.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience providing agile support to functional teams
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM); and / or certified in Agile Project Management (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI ACP) or equivalent).
- Undergraduate Degree in computer or Software engineering, business, information sciences, related field or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Great intrapersonal skills working in a team environment
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills – both verbal and written.