IT - Application & Software Development
Jun 20, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud and Mobile platforms.
- Work as part of agile teams who own the inception, development and full lifecycle of products.
- Architect, design and develop your own systems to deliver products using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems.
- Develop test driven code all day and every day, being highly focused on test driven development, continuous delivery and innovation
- Own and manage running your application in production, and ultimately become accountable for the success of the products through achieving the KPIs.
- Deliver increment-working software by participating in agile scrum ceremonies to provide input,
- ensure a clear understanding of epics, user stories, and commit to sprint goals by adhering to the ”Definition of Done”.
- Strong understanding of object oriented design principles and RESTFul APIs
- Coding of backend java components using java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot and Hibernate or JPA.
- Good knowledge in application architecture, development, system design and integration
- Experience developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages
- Able to work independently to complete end-to-end development of a small to medium sized task, including analysis, design, coding, testing and deployment activities
- Good knowledge and experience with development tools such as Integrated Development Environments (IDEs), Scrum and testing software and other software development applications
- Hands-on experience with integration with proprietary or legacy applications
- Solid java development skills with 5+ years’ experience, preferably in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience in backend development design and implementation; database (relational, Oracle, SQL), messaging, implementation and optimization
- Exposure to ETL tools and concepts and the ability to create data views and SQL scripts or stored procedures
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring (SonarQube, JUnit, Selenium etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (e.g Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe)
- Experience with tools to setup and maintain CICD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, ArtiFactory etc.)
- Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team/s