IT - Application & Software Development
Jun 20, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud and Mobile platforms.
- Evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including disaster recovery, security and audit).
- Evaluate detailed technical design components and act as a referral expert in appropriate languages, data structures, vendor packages, techniques and design methods.
- Works with Scrum Master(s) in continuous process improvement for estimating.
- Perform coding of simple to complex modules while maintaining component design standards.
- Ensure that design reviews are scheduled and executed. Provide feedback and recommend solutions.
- Ensure that design standards and documentation are followed.
- Ensure code review is conducted and certify that code meets quality standards. Review and critique code presented by team members and ensure code review is conducted and certify that code meets quality and security standards.
- Perform Unit testing and resolve defects.
- Define and manage process by which support and technical assistance is performed.
- Perform root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem and manage the resolution of simple to complex problems.
- Ensure delivery of change management activities supporting production deployments to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Environment Management personnel.
Skills & Qualifications
- ?Experience in Python (2+ years)
- Strong background in the Insurance industry preferably within Rating or Pricing
- Experience in application design, development and support in enterprise environments (3+ years)
- Working knowledge of programming best practices and design patterns
- Working knowledge of security best practices
- Experience with web services using REST protocol
- Experience designing database schema, writing stored procedures (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Exposure and knowledge of agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with Rating or Rules Engine technology design/implementation an asset