IT - Project Management
Jun 20, 2021
Duration: 12 month contract, with high probability of renewal.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5 or more years specific job experience related to business analysis in complex environments with Finance, Human Resources, Clinical Labs, Order Entry, Resulting and/or Customer Care.
- Knowledge and experience in application of all phases of the project management methodology lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience in writing clear and concise requirements specifications.
- Self motivated, able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong analytical, systematic thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to learn quickly, work independently and be able to prioritize with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
- Keen attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
- Project Management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Prior experience in Computer Programming and Data Analysis highly desirable.
- Prior experience in the laboratory and health care industry would be an asset.
- Bilingual skills an asset.
One of Canada's leading health care companies
The Business System Analyst partners with various business functional teams and the Information Systems team to gather and translate business requirements into functional specification documents. With his/her strong analytical and detail oriented skills, the Business Systems Analyst examines and documents existing business models, flow of data, and communicates the findings in order to clarify details to support technical development, including application solutions alternatives within the context of optimized business processes and practices. Through a thorough knowledge of current business processes, systems and tools utilized, the incumbent will ensure that the most effective, efficient and robust processes and solutions are designed and implemented, contributing to the business efficiency and productivity.
- Act as a liaison between the various business functional areas, QA and the Information Systems team to translate business requirements into detail functional requirements.
- Identifies systems components and boundaries by gathering data to enable the project team to establish project scope, time, risks, effort and cost.
- Provide system technical guidance concerning business implications of application development initiatives.
- Assist the business in analyzing and documenting business processes, and recommending best practice approaches.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure all development initiatives are being delivered as per schedule.
- Work with technical teams within ITSS to configure application and settings.
- Review, analyze and document solutions to increase both business satisfaction and technology efficiencies, including compatibility.
- Communication and training to business owners to ensure successful integration of software with business processes.
- Prepare documents and presentations to various stakeholders outlining concepts and processes.
- Develop and maintain complete understanding of how the functional areas manage the business, including detailed knowledge of the current technology and infrastructure environment
- Play an integral role in overseeing the testing process to ensure desired solutions reflect the original requirements.