Sep 21, 2021
** Note this role is in Quebec ideally but open to the Maritimes and requires someone fully bilingual
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
Participate in the transformation of Fortune 500 organization
- Act as the primary human resources contact for specified internal clients. Build a strong partnership with your clients by developing an in-depth understanding of their business needs.
- Provide advice and consulting services to managers and/or employees on employment related issues, policies and procedures, human rights and employment legislation.
- Develop, recommend, and implement company policies and procedures and appropriate training in all areas of employment, including employee relations, performance management, recruitment and selection, and compensation and benefits
- Work with outside employment legal counsel on employment litigation matters, recommending an appropriate course of action on legal matters within their level of authority, and potentially representing the organization at mediations, discoveries and trials
- Maintain practices that ensure compliance with company, regulatory, legal and ethical policies and requirements.
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment for positions within your internal client groups when necessary
- Work in compliance with the law and adhering to the safe work practices and procedures established and required by the company
- Post-secondary degree in business or human resources or equivalent certificate in human resources. Working towards obtaining CRHA / CRIA designation
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of progressive HR experience supporting a wide range of client groups
- Bilingual both in written and speaking
- Solid understanding and knowledge of employment legislation, HR trends, issues and best practices
- Demonstrated past experience in conducting investigations to resolution
- Experience dealing with employment litigation matters
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization and to effectively influence without authority
- Previous experience supporting IT recruitment a definite asset