IT - Application & Software Development
Jun 20, 2021
Note that this role requires SAP experience and is at an intermediate level
A Canadian household name, in the consumer packaged goods industry. Be part of a group that participates in many IS projects working with various disciplines, and technologies
What’s in it for you?
A company with growth and opportunities to learn the newest technologies. Play a critical role in shaping the data and database strategy within the enterprise
- Provide expertise in the definition and design of database solutions, including IT systems, applications, processes and infrastructure, according to established strategies, processes and standards.
- Work as part of a team heavily involved in design/architecture, best practices, installation, troubleshooting, performance tuning and administration of our various database platforms be they Oracle, SQL Server, or HANA
- Provide best practices on design, availability, replication, security, audit, and backup/recovery methodologies. Continuously re-evaluate the infrastructure for opportunities for optimization.
- Evaluate options and design architecture solution for backend database environments systems in order to support business, technical, and service-level objectives.
- Support the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices and patterns working with architects from other IT functions. Define and communicate the technical roadmap and lifecycle for the components and systems supported by the database administration team.
- Create and manage database metrics for trending including performance, capacity, inventory optimization, and infrastructure design. Monitor key performance indicators and design/revise solutions or enhancements to improve/maintain performance/productivity at acceptable levels.
- Monitor database performance, identify performance problems and make adjustments to database parameters as needed. Monitor CPU, memory and space usage of existing databases, and project future usage for current and planned databases. Analyze system performance, database performance, system health checks and implement tuning improvements.
- Minimum 5+ years Oracle experience in an SAP environment. Oracle 12c is a must while Oracle 19c is desirable.
- Experience in various versions of MS SQL Server
- Experience in HANA 2.0 is an asset
- Experience managing large volumes of content, both structured and unstructured.
- Expertise in performance tuning DB, Tuning SQL, backup and recovery.
- Expertise in bi-directional replication technology, in particular SQL Server Replication, Always On
- Expert experience with database administration, design, and deployment in a large, complex organization. Understanding of database packaged releases, patching strategy, and enforcing standards via tools and automation is essential.
- Substantial operational experience in a 24X7 environments
- Experience in the techniques used to build highly scalable, economically feasible and high-performing systems, both backend and web-based systems.
- Nice to have development skills in SQL scripting and Redhat Linux Shell scripting languages.
- Solid knowledge of MS SQL Server and Oracle RDBMS internals. Expert level knowledge in database modeling, backup and recovery, performance tuning, security, and replication.