Senior Business Systems Analyst
Our client, one of Canada’s Top 50 Managed Companies based in Downtown Toronto, is seeking a full time Senior Business Systems Analyst with a focus on Systems Integration, to help drive organizational vision for industry leading growth using technology as an enabler and difference maker.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located in the heart of Downtown Toronto and offers a competitive compensation and a career profile that is hard to match! Our client empowers its teams to harness new ideas, and allows staff to unleash their imaginations to create innovative solutions to improve service and respond to customer needs.
- Eliciting business requirements through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, and process analysis.
- Leading the standardization of business analysis methodologies at the firm, including the development of process map templates, and natural language standards for Business Requirements Documents, in collaboration with IT and the Project Management Office.
- Critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, breaking down high-level information into details, distilling low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishing user requests from the underlying true needs of the business.
- Collaborating with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements, and preparing artefacts such as:
- Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases, Process Maps, UAT Plans, and User Interface Designs.
- Serving as the liaison between the firm's business units, the Solutions Architects and Analysts, and other members of the IT organization.
- Chairing sessions with cross-functional stakeholders to facilitate and challenge business users on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Recording, analyzing, and interpreting business needs and translating them into operational designs or solution requirements.
- Collaborating with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision, and analyzing trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Reviewing and analyzing current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives. This includes working with business units to:
- Identify opportunities for business process improvements and organizational change;
- Define evaluation criteria for testing systems, solutions, and processes in order to determine if performance is satisfactory.
- Identifying value in emerging technology. Conceptualizing, planning, and designing solutions and processes that:
- Enhance collaboration and communication within and between teams;
- Facilitate idea exchange and foster innovation within the Practice;
- Increase efficiencies in service delivery;
- Operationalize knowledge sharing, capture, and recovery;
- Support novel client service/product offerings;
- Deliver our insights to clients and consumers of legal services;
- Blur the boundaries between client organizations and our own.
- Strong experience with Systems Integration
- Previous Systems Implementation (COTS) experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Bachelor`s degree, ideally in information technology, computer science é engineering, software design, or information management.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in professional or legal services, and their associated work processes, protocols, and culture.
- Strong knowledge of the Agile Project Life Cycle, including experience in a project leadership role.
- CBAP designation or an IIBA-recognized certificate in Business Analysis.