IT - Executive
May 15, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to lead assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
provide strategy and business management activities on behalf of the CIO. Take a lead role in transforming a Fortune 500 firm into the future.
- Lead, maintain and evolve the overarching IT strategic plan on behalf of the CIO, involving business enablement, technical excellence, cost optimization and innovation.
- leverage data associated with the IT Portfolio to drive actionable insights for stakeholders including IT senior leadership and executive leadership.
- Lead strategic IT Portfolio Management practices such as portfolio planning, demand and capacity management.
- Enable effective monitoring and communication of initiative and operational outputs to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Develop a consistent method to assess the department run rate, projected spend and efficiency opportunities with a 3-5 year outlook in partnership with Finance.
- Ensure effective supplier management practices with optimal risk and return in partnership with contract owners.
- Drive department Talent Management practices that ensure a highly engaged, skilled global IT workforce including but not limited to organization change management practices, human capital planning and ongoing modernization of roles and skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline. MBA considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience managing strategy, process improvement and transformations in large organizations, multiple geographies and operating models
- Deep financial acumen and analytical skills, able to differentiate between KPI's and other measurements
- Ability to champion change, inspire a shared vision and promote key values driving urgency and execution
- Proven ability to provide strategic counsel to executives and senior management, influence key stakeholders and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to manage complex bodies of work.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience developing, coaching and leading organizations through strategic planning initiatives
- Experience with organization wide implementation of Agile principles and associated practices required
- Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to coach and develop talent at multiple levels through both direct and indirect influence