IT - Project Management
Apr 13, 2021
The primary accountability of the Sr. Project Manager/Program Manager (PM) is to deliver program solution(s) to the client, meet the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the program. The accountability includes detailed program and project planning leveraging the proposal, execution, control, deployment (including training and hand off to the business), warranty support, and closure.
Client satisfaction with the project process and project team performance is a key expectation and bonus able goal for the PM. In addition, the PM must ensure that all the artifacts of the program are stored in Knowledge Repositories as the program progresses.
Effective and timely communications to the client, key stakeholders and the project team is a key ingredient for the PM's success. Status reporting, project change control, continual risk/issue assessment/management, and escalation/resolution, are essential. The PM must devote attention to detail while maintaining the big picture of the project and how it aligns with the business direction.
The PM also has the accountability to work with Development and Technical Infrastructure teams in ensuring success with consistency of project design with the 12 month strategic direction for the application / organization, formulating the Warranty Criteria, scheduling production implementation, ongoing application maintainability (ease of change), ongoing supportability (ease of correction), coordinating the on call roster and process and meeting the established SLA's.
- Lead by example (work ethic, time reporting/management, teamwork, enthusiasm and adaptability to change, etc.),
- Lead the client communication process,
- Lead by imparting a shared vision of the project's value to the business and goals/objectives, and
- Lead the project team effectively to deliver the solution in scope, in time, within budget and within the quality parameters and encourage teamwork
- Influence others to share information, resources, and time,
- Respond to client needs (spoken and implicit) and put to rest client fear/uncertainty/doubt,
- Build support for project to ensure client understands and supports final delivery, and; Definitively answer questions, which challenge final project delivery
- Plan (in detail) project scope, schedule, budget, risk, quality (includes requirements validation/verification and all testing), resourcing, procurement and information/communications
- Manage the project planning/execution/control/deployment/warranty support/closure, resourcing, procurement, risk management, issue management and change control processes,
- Manage knowledge by applying lessons learned from other projects and adding new ones to Knowledge repositories
- Undergraduate degree with preference to those with an Engineering, Finance or Business Administration major
- Graduate degree, MBA preferred
- CSC and CPH
- 15-20 years project management experience
- 5-10 years program management experience
- 5-10 years of experience in the retail brokerage marketplace
- Vendor management experience and related negotiations
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Works well under pressure and makes deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Can perform effectively with a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks; highly organized
- Ability to recruit and retain a team of skilled professionals
- Sound business and communication skills, including Board and executive interactions
- Extensive financial management skills including status reporting and budget formulation/tracking
- Detail Oriented