IT - Application & Software Development
Apr 13, 2021
Is a leading Insurance company
What’s in for you:
You’re joining a growing and exciting team that use the latest and greatest technologies.
- Leads project team through all phases of the project, managing the scope, risk, quality, schedule, budget and resources with an emphasis on business value and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee detailed analysis and design of project deliverables including: relating resource availability and current initiatives to ensure optimal resource utilization; developing project initiations/feasibility studies/proposals which include vision, objectives, scope, approach, and project priorities; and leading stakeholders and key team members through project planning activities such as developing a detailed project schedule, resource plan, communication plan and project budget.
- Advocate the project objectives, emphasizing the business value of the initiatives and identifying opportunities to improve delivery, maintainability and usability.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with project sponsors, steering committee members, project stakeholders, key systems users, and project team, acting as primary point of contact with business clients and other internal and external stakeholders connected to the project including vendor partners.
- Execute implementation by coordinating deliverables with multiple teams including: proactively anticipating project deviations/issues, communicating impact as appropriate and facilitating taking immediate corrective action to resolve, as well as adapting to changing priorities and ensuring resources are applied appropriately to ensure project success.
- Facilitate business activities which may include proposal development, business requirements definition, process design workshops, user acceptance planning and execution, communication, training, business process development, and ongoing business support.
- Develop staff, including technical and behavioural competencies, through orientation, training plans, coaching and career management.
- Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with at least 7 years relevant project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years demonstrated people leadership skills/knowledge required for analysis, coaching, mentoring, staff direction, planning and implementation of projects.
- Working towards Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, or equivalent understanding of project management methodologies, tools, techniques, processes and practices.
- Knowledge of Risk Management methodology and use of sophisticated techniques and methodology analysis probability and impacts of risk.
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Services Bus (ESB) concepts.