Education, Training and Library
Apr 13, 2021
**This is a 15 month term assignment
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives.
- Planning, designing, development and delivering of targeted and engaging learning solutions using adult learning methodologies and instructional design methods.
- Review, coach, mentor and provide oversight to the team of Instructional Designers and Learning Developers.
- Act as a point of contact for design innovation, best practices and technology support to the whole learning team; recognized as a Subject Matter Expert
- Autonomously handle challenges that arise during projects, devising solutions and communicating with project team members
- Keep team updated on status of projects to facilitate coordination of department resources, capacity, lessons learned and best practices.
- Consult with HR Business Partners and SMEs at various levels across the organization to provide learning needs analysis, project management, design, development and implementation
- Support the various channels of adult learning to assist with the acquisition of new knowledge, skills and/or behaviors
- Recommend the appropriate design coordination that best meets the overall needs of the client group
- Determine the appropriate method of delivery including in-class, e-Learning, job aids, etc. to ensure learning objectives are met
- Plan, design and develop learning solutions related to business and developmental needs of our client groups
- Manage complex large-scale projects, including leadership development programing
- Leverage ADDIE and/or Bloom’s Taxonomy framework to best deliver the appropriate learning experience
- Bring innovative and creative approaches to eLearning, workshops, portals, as well as job aids and video content
- Create Facilitator Guides and facilitate Train the Trainer sessions to support the transfer of knowledge to the business partners
- Keep track of project plans and ensure all expectations are being met.
- Oversee the distribution methods for learning and how to best leverage My Learning platform to effectively deploy and manage content
- Design assessment and evaluation tools that focus on delivering effective and engaging learning experiences and developmental opportunities.
- Conduct analysis from measurement tools and make recommendations for improvement
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 - 7 years of advanced knowledge of learning software (Adobe Creative Suite, Vyond, Articulate 360 & Rise, Camtasia, Zoom, Adobe Connect, MS Teams and powerpoint)
- Supervisory and/or management experience desired
- Experience developing leadership programs for Manager and Director level
- Graphic design experience considered an asset
- Experience with Human Resources soft skill content design an asset
- Proven knowledge and application of Adult Learning Principles, ADDIE and other instructional principles and methodologies
- Education in adult learning & instructional design methodology
- Effective consultation and communication skills
- Experience with design of blended learning programs leveraging various methods including eLearning, video, workbooks, etc
- Applied knowledge and experience working with a Learning Management System
- Proven ability to manage projects from intake to close, using effective project management techniques and templates
- French would be an asset