IT - Application & Software Development
Apr 13, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives. A company that believes in work/life balance, promotion from within and recognizing top performers etc.
What’s in it for you?
looking to take advantage of the newer trends in technology, including Cloud, IOT, Big Data, and Mobile. Take a leadership role in a Fortune 500 firm.
- Responsible for developing and driving a Data Engineering vision.
- Developing and maintaining Databases through data extraction, manipulation and transformation.
- Supporting and managing the validation and production of databases, data analyses and reports.
- Working with cross-functional team members in identifying and prioritizing actionable, high-impact data needs to drive insights across a variety of core business areas.
- Responsible for data preparation and processing for modelling and data science projects. Lead the team to create modelling dataset, detect outliers and missing values, conduct peer review and optimization.
- Provide training and coaching to other teams on database, programming and visualization techniques etc.
- Strong experience mentoring and managing other Data Engineers, ensuring data engineering best practices are being followed
- Provide input to the departments’ strategic and tactical plans and directions.
- Ensure the appropriate technology resourcing and support for the Data Engineering team.
- Work cross functionally to build an advanced data platform that support 360 degree view of the customer that enables customer journey analysis and use cases including but not limited to attribution modeling, CLV modeling, propensity modeling, etc.
- Develop and maintain the Product Backlog
- Participate and lead, where necessary, day-to-day Agile Scrum ceremonies
MSc in Data Management or Computer Science
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience on database design and architect
- Programming Skills: SAS/SQL/HIVE/ SAS/SQL/R/Python
- Expert on office software including Excel/ VBA /PDF
- Visualization Techniques: Tableau/SAS/SQL
- Familiar with the concepts of Exploratory Data Analysis;
- Knowledge and experience in data mining and data model:
- Clustering & segmentation techniques;
- Descriptive/Inferential Statistics
- Knowledge and experience on process flow and process improvement methodologies and concepts.
- Experience managing and developing people are essential.