Apr 13, 2021
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm. in a company that has great people and believers in work/life balance etc.
- Embed risk management policies and standard across the organization
- Design and develop risk & control frameworks
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement new risk and governance processes, lead risk projects and assist business stakeholders to proactively quantify and manage risk.
- Perform operational risk assessments by leveraging data analytical and advise business stakeholders on risk mitigation strategies and track them to completion.
- Support the development of operational key risk indicators (KRIs), setting quantitative and qualitative risk threshold limits for key projects and conducting scenario/trend analysis and KRI benchmarking.
- Provide support in enabling effective management of operational risk at all levels by training and coaching business partners on operational risk management best practices such as developing policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that operational risk management processes are aligned and integrated with organizational business processes.
- Ensure operational risk requirements are implemented and monitored on a timely and comprehensive basis, ensuring compliance with regulatory (e.g.OSFI) risk management guidelines and internal risk appetite
- Deliver governance requirements and in depth assessment relating to Supplier risk management, Business Continuity, Cyber Security, Model Inventory management, Fraud Management etc.
.Skills & Qualifications
- Education or equivalent working experience: Business or technology undergraduate degree, risk management designation
- Minimum 5 years experience in Risk Management or similar capacity with strong analytical ability
- In depth knowledge and practical implementation of Risk Frameworks such as COSO, COBIT are desired. Knowledge of risk management practices and oversight functions
- Knowledge of insurance is an asset
- Knowledge in Cyber security is an asset
- Experience leading projects is an asset
- Knowledge of Fraud Risk Management and Fraud Risk framework implementation is an asset