IT - Project Management
Apr 13, 2021
The Business Analyst's primary responsibility is producing requirements and providing support for data migrations from multiple source systems to a target third party Portfolio Management system.
- Works with business and IT stakeholders to identify, document and communicate the data migration requirements to a Portfolio Management system vendor.
- Analyzes multiple systems to understand data usage and implications of data migration.
- Works with the vendor on designing, planning, and managing the data migration process.
- Performs source systems data analysis in order to understand the data format and structure.
- Understands target system data format and usage and implications of migrated data from an application usage and business perspective.
- Prepares source to target data mapping including the transformation logic/rules. ·
- Works with business stakeholders and the vendor to define a detailed process for reconciliation and exception handling.
- Identifies necessary data clean-up activities.
- Supports data migration mocks by performing validation of data migration performance, process, and reconciliation.
- Analyzes data migration results, participates in triaging issues, and proposes solutions.
- Fosters a positive work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation, and teamwork.
- University/college degree and 10+ years of business analysis experience, supporting large/enterprise-wide projects.
- Solid understanding of identifying, documenting, and communicating data migration requirements.
- Hands-on experience in large scale data migration initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with Portfolio Management system conversions is a definite advantage.
- Knowledge of systems used by Investment Advisors for Client Account Management, Financial Planning and Portfolio Management is a definite advantage.
- Wealth Management Front Office and Back Office Full-Service Brokerage systems experience is a definite advantage.
- Experience with Broadridge's Dataphile is a definite advantage