IT - Systems Integration
Apr 13, 2021
Our client is seeking an Intermediate Network Support Specialist. This person will be responsible for the management of the local area, wide area, wireless and voice networks, including associated software and hardware support, issues and problems diagnoses and applying corrective solutions.
Installation and Maintenance
• Installs and maintains wiring closet infrastructure and physical connectivity.
• Installs and maintains efficient network infrastructure, including all office locations, all administrative stations, and all data centers.
• Installs, maintains, and monitors all network appliances and components, including, but not limited to, switches, routers, wireless, firewalls and servers.
• Proactively monitors all network appliances and infrastructure components; generates reports for detailed analysis.
Support and Administration
• Creates and maintain IT documentation and reference materials.
• Assists with the planning, implementation and documentation of IT projects and deliverables.
• Attends team meetings as required.
• Remains up to date with current and future technologies.
• Provides onsite and remote support.
• Performs troubleshooting of tier 1 to 3 technical issues.
• Independent troubleshooting and problem resolution of common issues.
• Troubleshoots network communication using specialty equipment and diagnostic tools.
• Develops documentation, including voice and network diagrams.
• Responsible for security management, including, but not limited to, user accounts, multi-factor authentication, system passwords and access rights to related services.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum completed three (3) year diploma/degree in Computer Science, computing and networks, or telecommunication or related field. If in a related field, please state how it is related.
• Network related certification associated with a nationally recognized and related certification body (ie. Comp TIA A++/Network+, CCNA, CCNP, ACMA, ACMP, PCCSA, PCNSA) is required.
• Minimum three (3) years of hardware and software related experience within the voice and network infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of IEEE related standards for best practices in building and maintaining infrastructure.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Communication skills: to end users at their level of computer literacy, which ranges from novice to advanced users, both orally and written.
• Understanding and problems investigation; applying simple or complex principles where needed for rectification.
• Problem analysis in hardware/software-related within the voice/ network infrastructure
• Networking protocols, programming of network equipment, programming of voice equipment.
• Switching equipment, firewalls, bridges, routers, packet shaping / prioritization devices, voice gateways.
• Extensive knowledge and use of diagnostic software and hardware to troubleshoot and isolate voice or network performance challenges by protocol and connectivity.
• Interpret, create or modify connectivity listings, voice/ network drawings, and traffic routing diagrams which are used as both troubleshooting and operation artefacts.