IT - Application & Software Development
Apr 13, 2021
A Fortune 100 company, a global household name, voted as one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is continuing in major technology transformations.
What's in it for you?
Join a Fortune 100 firm as they continue to transform. Work on high performance development teams in technically advanced environment. A collaborative working environment with a great deal of flexibility and autonomy. Work on challenging complex projects, in support of their key business areas and often global in scope.
- Provide technical advice & expertise to development project groups in defining, developing & reviewing existing as well as proposed applications and coordinates the activities between business users, technicians, computer operations & outside vendors etc.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of applications using architecture and design standards and security/cyber.
- Develop front-end and back-end services to support strategic and divisional initiatives or projects.
- Innovate, implement and socialize end-to-end solutions for strategic initiatives based working with with business partners and development team members
- Responsible for designing, developing, prototyping and implementing scalable, reusable and robust regional business solutions
- Provide guidance to the technical team members on different architecture/design techniques (e.g., integration patterns, component-based design), data integration, security integration and infrastructure with a broad technical knowledge on integration and messaging technologies (e.g., synchronous, asynchronous).
- Conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to architecture design principles
- Design expertise for new and current systems, including a variety of methods, best-practices and approaches (e.g., object-oriented design, design patterns, event-driven design) to achieve architectural design goals, such as reliability and scalability and evolution
Related Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems
- Master’s degree in computer science or engineering (advantage)
- Sun Certified Java Programmer
- A minimum of six (7) years’ work experience doing architecture design for small to complex projects across a broad range of information technology related capabilities
- Well-honed working knowledge of cloud computing
- Solid experience in agile software development methodology
- Demonstrated experience with cloud computing; build and deploy applications to on premise and public cloud platforms
- Understanding and adherence to software quality assurance principles, and practices to deliver robust, scalable and secure applications
- Demonstrated experience of Agile/DevOps process
- Design experts for new and current systems, including a variety of methods, best-practices and approaches (e.g., object-oriented design, design patterns, event-driven design) to achieve architectural design goals, such as reliability and scalability and evolution.
- Well-honed knowledge on different architecture and design techniques/styles (e.g., SOA/Microservices, Cloud Native Applications, Event-Driven Architecture)
- Advanced knowledge architecting, developing testing new and/or enhanced software solutions leveraging diverse programming languages, integrated development environments (IDE), API and Web frameworks, version control tools, and Enterprise Edition (Java EE) core technologies, Oracle. Weblogic, SQL Queries etc. Springboot, Angular