IT - Systems Integration
Feb 28, 2021
Our client is one of the global leaders in information management solutions and is seeking a Principal Cloud Applications Administrator to help drive organizational vision for industry leading growth and increased market share using technology as an enabler and difference maker.
Your focus will be on technologies such as Kafka, Elasticsearch, and Cassandra. You will be responsible for working with application teams to build standard backing services patterns. This would include highly available design, scaling, integration with the underlying IaaS and PaaS, availability and performance monitoring, service upgrades, and data backup and recovery.
- Automating patterns for application deployments, upgrades, and maintenance using tools such as Ansible
- Deploying workloads on bare metal, VMs, or containers
- Understanding data streaming and NoSQL technology
- Implement best practices and operate environments for Kafka
- On-call rotation is required
- 2+ years of Kafka operations experience
- 2+ years of Elasticsearch operations experience
- Intermediate knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Basic understanding of Java memory management
- Strong understanding of ITIL principles
- Apache TomCat or Zookeeper