IT - Application & Software Development
Mar 03, 2021
6 months with extensions probable.
- Technically strong as it related to current digital/online landscape including: Restful APIs, Kubernetes, API Connect, Cloud services, Microservices, event driven architecture, Kafka, Object oriented programing such as Java, .NET, C++ etc.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a similar role – preferably more
- Understanding and able to work in DevOps environment
Our client, a leading Canadian owned Insurance Company located in Guelph, is seeking a Senior Java Developer with hands-on Guidewire Policy Centre experience, or, Senior Java Developers with application development experience on a Property and Casualty Insurance policy administration system.
- Oversee design of enterprise major mission-critical applications/infrastructure/data models.
- Initiate and lead in design/code reviews and architectural compliance activities to help ensure that designs are in accordance with Information Technology (IT) strategies, standards, and plans.
- Understand the long-term business objectives and propose strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through software solutions, data models, or technology.
- Evaluate the feasibility of complex enterprise architecture concepts and determine practical approaches to implement and meet the business needs. Translate the conceptual architecture into common services and plans.
- Consult and direct project teams in the use of new technologies being introduced. Consult on large-scope projects to fit solutions to the applicable architecture and standards. Act as a senior technical leader to provide guidance beyond the scope of individual projects to ensure that there are common, consistent and successful approaches for addressing business demands across multiple projects. Support project managers in early deliverables of key projects (cost-benefit analysis, risk analysis and planning estimates).