IT - Systems Integration
Mar 03, 2021
Our client is seeking a Technical Support Specialist for their data centre team. The scope of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to, the operations of administrative systems, issues/resolution management, performance and capacity analysis/planning and new systems deployment.
• Operations support beyond the Data Centre including; Webservices, Adobe AEM, Milestone XProtect, IoT & backup/recovery.
• Performance management and support of the system hardware and software (operating systems, database management, support software) for the administration systems.
• Monitors the data centre processing operations to ensure that performance is within the acceptable limits.
• Analyses server performance, determines appropriate action and recommendations; installs and updates server operating systems and hardware components;
• Evaluation of software update notices, planning scheduled updates, including impact analysis, recovery planning and testing and hardware updates scheduled coordination for installations.
• Directory control setup and maintenance; support ITS security initiatives; security policy application to Seneca data assets; and reviewing logs for unauthorized access and usage.
• Minimum three (3) year diploma/degree in computer related equipment or application and systems support.
• Relevant technology certifications considered an asset.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience leading resources on projects while applying complex work on complex technology-based assignments, including a minimum of 2 years’ experience in one or more of the following technologies:
o Adobe AEM
o Milestone XProtect
• Strong knowledge of system or application and software support methods that would be adaptable to the changing environment
• Troubleshooting AEM related issues and performance monitoring.
• Creating custom components, templates, dialogs and workflows.
• Managing online and offline backups.
• Handling automation of AEM administration using curl commands Server & IT security issue management and tracking
• Intermediate to advanced skills to operate and manipulate Milestone XProtect, create/modify programs/scripts/schedules, manage video cameras and perform systems management functions
• Experience with web applications environments, including Azure virtual networks, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, etc.
• Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash)
• IoT knowledge an asset
• May be required to carry a communication device and may need to provide standby support to systems when required