IT - Application & Software Development
Contract to Perm
Feb 28, 2021
Duration: Short term contract moving to permanent role.
Must Have :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 4 years’ experience or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 2 years’ experience.
- 3+ years total experience as an engineer in a web environment doing development with Java/JEE.
- 3+ years of Java 5 or later knowledge.
- 3+ years Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features.
- 1+ years’ experience with micro services, REST APIs
- Conversant in common Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, OAuth, JWT, REST, JSON, XML, etc.).
- 2+ years of performance testing, tuning and analysis experience, in the web development industry ideally in the retail space.
- 2+ Years of hands on experience using APM tools like (Wily, DynaTrace, stacktrace).
- An Object-Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design pattern.
- Experience with UML modeling and effective communication for design reviews.
- Experience with highly scalable, high performance, 100% stable Java web applications.
- Agile experienced.
- Web experience in Retail or other high-volume customer facing web applications a strong plus.
One of North America's most recognized brand names. As part of the eCommerce Application Development team, you will be working on exciting development projects with niche technologies while positively impacting the user journey.
- Support design, implement, and unit test JEE/Java web application code.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Deliver project assignments on time and with high quality.
- Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- Perform software root cause analysis.
- Provide expertise in the development and calibration of software.
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
- Work with the Technical Leads to create and own system design documentation following standard templates; take initiatives to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end. Act as the “go-to” person on integration related questions.