IT - Project Management
Sep 29, 2020
The Business Analyst provides business process and systems proficiency in relation to business activity and information technologies. They will facilitate workgroup sessions, and through business process analysis, identifies and evaluates processes for improvement opportunities and maps new processes, prioritizes and catalogs business requirements. Catalogs, controls and tracks business requirements within the business requirements traceability matrix. Reviews and edits business requirements, processes and recommendations to meet user needs and system requirements. Ensures documentation contain measureable clarity. Completes detailed and complex system functional specifications for reports, interfaces, conversions, modifications, customizations and extensions.
- Participates in quality reviews of team deliverables, and ensures adherence to standard project and business analysis methodology.
- Creates appropriate test cases to ensure planned functionality meets the business requirements of relevant areas within the institution.
- Effectively manages risks, anticipates challenges, investigates, and makes recommendations that may have cross functional impact.
Project Delivery Training Support
- Working with Organizational Change Management, business owners and identified training support staff, supports business process training, including current updates to training materials, documentation, and may coordinate/deliver training in various formats.
- Minimum of a three (3) year diploma/degree in a related field.
- PeopleSoft Functional Analyst / Business User certification, Business Analyst Certification is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years practical work experience in a functional analyst role with experience in analysis and programming with primary emphasis on systems analysis.
- Experience in PeopleSoft Campus Solutions with particular experience in integration of functional and technical enhancements.
- Investigative, research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage with multiple demands, competing priorities, meeting deadlines.
- Sound business and integration knowledge and best practices.
- Very good knowledge of structured analysis and prototyping techniques and principles and the ability to adapt them to changing requirements, and knowledge of Query and SQL scripting.