IT - Application & Software Development
Aug 12, 2020
We are looking for an extraordinary Data Scientist to join the band and build core analytics to support our Analytics organization. The Analytics organization is responsible for sales and trade marketing strategy where we provide product recommendations, programming of new novel solutions to help retail partners and wholesaler and build new trade applications.
Our mission is to bring people together for a better world. You will help us achieve this mission, and above all, you will be at the nexus of data science and business at one of the most innovative companies in the world.
What You'll Do
- Support leadership with research on key business initiatives and challenges.
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will drive decisions, with a particular focus on our marketing and sales strategy.
- Engineer novel data sets and features that shed new light on the dynamics of consumer choices.
- Define success measures and build tools that predict and track performance of strategic projects.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to non-technical audiences, through clear visualizations and presentations.
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another quantitative field; advanced degree is desirable.
- 2+ years (5+ years for senior role) of relevant experience analyzing complex data with SQL, Python, and/or R.
- Modeling and statistical knowledge is a strong preference. Feature engineering for machine learning models is a real plus.
- Experience with visualizations and dashboarding (e.g., Power BI or similar BI software) is a strong preference.
- Experience creating and scheduling datasets is highly valued. Knowledge of Azure Databricks and pyspark is a plus.
- Natural communicator who focuses just as much on the delivery and the “so what” of your insights, as you do on the technical craft of extracting them.
- Comfortable building and maintaining relationships with senior management, as well as team members around the world.
- Capable of tackling very loosely defined problems, and leading and owning a research agenda for long term analytics projects.
- Passionate about bringing people together and striving towards being a true owner always.