IT - Application & Software Development
Contract to Perm
Aug 12, 2020
Duration: Short term contract moving to permanent employment
Must Have :
- Must be a hands-on, technically proficient, proactive Operational Manager, experienced working on Production issues and incidents in the cloud.
- Must have strong experience triaging and guiding teams to resolve Production issues.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as an Incident Manager.
- Experience in a 24/7 SLA based IT Operations/Application Support Environment.
- Experience designing incident and problem management processes.
- Experience leading teams in an operational / Technical environment
- Ability to multitask in a mission critical environment
- Experience using an ITSM based ticketing system preferably JIRA Service Desk.
- Strong understanding of, and experience with, IT Service Management best practices including Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
Nice to Have Skills:
- Cloud certifications and experience
- ITIL V3 foundation certification
- Working experience in supporting a multi-tenanted service.
- Related ITIL certifications
- Project management certifications like SCRUM and PMP
- Hands on Technical skills in development, Networking.
- Familiar with scripting and other automation applications.
- Mobile App Operational experience
One of North America's most recognized brand names, continues on new development initiatives. Work as part of a super collaborative team culture.
- As part of the IT Operations team, play a critical role in the operations of the .ca. website to ensure uptime, performance and availability of all services which are critical to the success of our product and our business.
- Plays key role in incident coordination, facilitation and communication to our customers.
- Drive finding root causes and remediation plan and drive all post incident discussions and reports to help drive continuous improvement across all our products and organization.
- Strive to improve how we operate and to increase ITSM maturity. Be able to handle major incidents and provide mentoring to staff about Incident Management processes – in both theory and practice.
- Must be a hands-on, technically proficient, proactive operational manager, experienced working on production issues and incidents in the cloud. Must have strong experience triaging and guiding teams to resolve production issues
- Experience in Ecommerce, or other similar high-profile industries with high uptime requirements
- Proactively manage incidents and problems to minimize customer impact and meet SLAs.
- Facilitate post incident review meetings to drive root cause analysis, customer impact, remediation plan and lessons learned
- Providing rotating 24/7 Incident Management on-call support
- Act as the incident liaison for escalations from other departments
- Recommend and implement suggestions for process improvements to adapt to new requirements or new product offerings.