IT - Application & Software Development
Feb 20, 2020
What You’ll Do:
- A strong commitment to reciprocal problem-solving, sophisticated design, and quality product.
- Demonstrable ability to transform business requirements and research into an outstanding solution that meets performance goals and brand guidelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and implement code; build prototypes, draw diagrams, analyze existing code, consult peers, research external sources.
- Identify issues, develop, and maintain processes that address and resolve them and communicate/alert partners, as needed.
- Seek for defect-free programming, build and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Plan, initiate and conduct unit testing of applications, as well as facilitate system testing. Test code thoroughly prior to submitting builds to QA.
- Develop, test, debug and document web-based applications in accordance with system architecture requirements using Microsoft Visual Studio and TFS.
- Participate in regularly scheduled status and Agile meetings with project team to understand requirements, suggest product improvements, explain code design, provide estimates, describe work progress, and identify risks, advice on testing and provide status.
- Prepare documentation and Tech Specs to allow first and second level support teams to adequately support environments.
- Analyze, define and implement interfaces and API’s between business applications to provide coordinated solutions.
- Understand security threats posed to applications which are accessible via the internet, devising and implementing security measures to ensure the security and integrity of information in applications.
- Working with IT and business Directors, Managers, Team Leads, Program Analysts, Financial Officers, domain experts and other Stakeholders.
- Conduct design, code reviews and support with automation
- Keep current with new technologies relating to software development.
What You’ll Need:
- University or college diploma in computer science or a related field.
- 5+ years of working with highly complex software in a team environment.
- Experience in:
- .NET Technologies: ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API
- Source Control: Git, MS Team Foundation
- Web Frameworks: React or Angular and Database: MS SQL Server
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code/ UI components/libraries
- Familiarity with concepts related to data flow and component driven architectures (with practical experience based on React/Angular)
- Experience building applications that support global clients in multi lingual, multi-currency environments.
- Demonstrable experience working in a full SDLC environment using TFS.
- Solid experience with .NET, and C#
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Claims-based identity management using Windows Identity Foundation Familiar with ORM frameworks.
- Experience in developing RESTful Web API’s.
Environment & Scope:
- Fast paced, multifaceted, innovative, highly productive work environment.
- Confirmed experience in Agile / Kanban software development methodology, and continuous integration environments.
- Microsoft tools including Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Team Foundation (TFS) and Office365
- Fast-paced, multifaceted, highly productive department, and innovative
- Handling multiple assignments while working independently or as part of an integrated team