IT - Project Management
Feb 20, 2020
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud, and Mobile platforms etc. build, influence and design- make the job your own, in a company that has great people and believers in work/life balance etc
- Be the servant leader on the Agile teams and the Agile Release Train
- Looking at Agility in the enterprise and understanding how Agile works at scale is key to coaching the team and the ART.
- You are the catalyst to a team’s ability to self-organize and continuously improve, using techniques appropriate to the team(s) they are working with, which include transparency, inspection and adaption.
- Support a wide variety of initiatives related to products and services.
- Work with enterprise portfolios to institute, practice, and adopt Scrum, XP, Kanban and Agile techniques. Identify and introduce opportunities for the team to improve through coaching and poignant questioning
- Work with the teams to ensure the appropriate tools are being leveraged and enterprise practices are being followed to enable consistency and metrics where needed
- Assess the health and agility of teams, teams-of-teams (ARTs) to help them identify areas for further improvement and support them on their agile journey
- Directs strategic initiatives of the highest complexity and impact
- Facilitate planning events
- Manage and optimize flow of value through ART
- Track and Publish track Objectives/Team progress
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies such as Scrum of Scrums, Inspect & Adapt, System/PI demo
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies; Escalate and track impediments
- Work with Product and Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Drive relentless improvement of the ART and Solution Trains and help them improve
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have comprehensive experience in SAfe Framework and RTE
- Certified Release Train Engineer / Advanced Certified Scrum Master professional with 10+ years of delivery experience in multiple technology environments and/or consulting experience in Technology Solutions
- Any type of coaching certifications is an asset
- 8+ years of experience in complex project and program management roles, with 3+ years leading Scrum teams
- Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework, or other scaling model is preferred
- Experience Functioning in the Release Train Engineer role or similar coaching role for 2+ years
- Strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software.