IT - Application & Software Development
Contract to Perm
Feb 20, 2020
Duration: Short term contract moving to permanent employment
Must Have :
- Undergraduate or Master’s (preferred) degree in Computer Science, IT, or Mathematics.
- Proven 3-5 years’ experience in implementing data analytics solutions in cloud environments using AI/ML technologies, including supervised and unsupervised learning, probabilistic inference and/or statistical data modeling.
- Strong business analytics acumen is a must, preferably with retail experience.
- Experience in delivering real-time data analytics products, working with tight deadlines, and be comfortable with contributing with evolving pipelines and cloud architectures.
- Solid knowledge in databases, hands-on experience in SQL, and Python at a proficient level is required.
- Demonstrated work experience working with enterprise-level data, preferably in a retail environment.
- Proficient with JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Stash, and production-level CI/CD Pipelines.
One of North America's most recognized brand names, continues on new development initiatives. Work as part of a super collaborative team culture. This role will place you at the center of one of the top firms in Canada that is experiencing an exciting growth trajectory.
- Manage a team of data engineers, analysts and data scientists, responsible to own a range of cutting-edge data analytics products focused on business process and operations improvements for various business units
- Work closely with cross-functional business owners to drive data and analytics technologies for business use.
- Lead sustainability efforts, drive accountability via documentation of data solutions, and transparency to further improve understanding of data and analytics throughout the team and the organization as-a-whole.
- Swiftly and effectively communicating insights, findings, test results, performance analysis to both functional teams, and the senior management along with recommendations for improvements and strategy.
- Coach and mentor team members. Resolve conflicts and identify professional development opportunities supporting the growth of individuals in the team.
- Provide clear and precise directions to the team for designing, developing, testing and productionizing data and analytics pipelines.
- Bring strong and delivery-oriented product ownership to all data and analytics initiatives to support business operations and also improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be a subject matter expert in supervised and unsupervised ML algorithms and other applied AI techniques to derive meaningful and actionable insights from data.
- To design, develop and implement predictive/analytical tools and statistical data modeling for complex business operations and processes.