IT - Application & Software Development
May 29, 2020
Our client a not-for-profit organization dedicated to driving scientific innovation and research excellence through the provision of comprehensive informatics and molecular research solutions.
• Design, deploy, maintain, administer and improve computer networks and related computing
environments including systems software, applications software, and configurations in both onpremise,
cloud and hybrid deployments
• Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing best
practices security measures.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system
• Deploy, configure, maintain and decommission laptops, desktops, servers and networking
• Design, deploy, maintain and improve release support processes and technology to support
ongoing maintenance of software installed at multiple client sites.
• Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Monitor networks and servers for performance, resource utilization and system security,
optimize and secure as required.
• Investigate, document and resolve privacy issues and other cyber security incidents.
• Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information
infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
• Work with developing security team to perform tests, uncover network vulnerabilities and
develop company-wide best practices for privacy and security.
• Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
Qualifications must include:
• Understanding of firewalls, proxies, security incident management, antivirus, and intrusion
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including
wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
• Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
• Understanding of patch management and custom software upgrades with the ability to deploy
patches and upgrades in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, and
meet required schedules and timelines
• Outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues and in providing comprehensive
written, oral and/or digital products (including document organization and technical writing)
• Strong analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where
multiple projects are worked on simultaneously
• Able to deal graciously and effectively with ambiguity and requests for change
• Willingness to research and learn new approaches and technologies
• No Canadian criminal record. Applicant must be able to pass the RCMP certified criminal record
• Experience with both on-premise and in-cloud security and networking configurations.
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure, protocols, typical configurations and
• Experience in Citrix XenServer, Oracle OVM is desirable
• Deep knowledge in administering Linux and/or Windows desktop and servers is desirable
• Certifications in relevant networking technologies and/or relevant security processes.
• Experience in working with ISO, NIST or related security standards.
• Experience in supporting software releases deployed in multiple production environments.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
Certifications in networking and security are optional but desirable.