Feb 20, 2020
Our client, a major Canadian consumer packaged goods company with head offices in the GTA, is seeking a Program Manager.
What’s in it for you?
Our client is located in the GTA West and offers a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan as well as an RRSP/Profit Sharing program.
- Define project scope, tasks and estimate resource skills and requirements in a detailed project plan with multiple work streams (i.e. Food Safety, Engineering, Plants, HR, etc.).
- Perform quality assurance on deliverables including setting and controlling scope, budget and timeline.
- Communicating status and program/project objectives to stakeholders.
- Budget Management and tracking.
- Execute change management activities for all aspects of the program.
- Work with project team members to identify and resolve issues and remove roadblocks.
- Assist in developing recovery strategies when the project schedule or budget are in jeopardy.
- Track and set up deliverable process: sign-off, documentation.
- Prepare project related content materials as required inclusive of Sponsor Committee updates and project status reports that capture status, key issues, risks, mitigating actions, and potential solutions per the standard MLF program/project methodology and toolsets.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience, preferably with some experience related to a plant start-up / expansion or industrial construction projects.
- Preference will be given to those with experience working in the consumer-packaged goods industry (CPG).
- Solid track record of managing projects in a manufacturing environment, which could include new manufacturing line installations, building infrastructure upgrades, automation projects.
- A proven problem solver with ability to manage in ambiguous and complex environment with the ability to make pragmatic recommendations that make great business sense and execute well.
- Ability to manage large volume of work through effective prioritization and excellent execution.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a PMP designation. MBA would be an asset.
- Six Sigma Designation (Nice to Have)
- Bi-lingual – French (Nice to have).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others (with or without direct authority).
isgSearch is a member of the ISG Group of Companies, operating in Canada since 1990. Throughout the 1990's, ISG (Informatics Search Group) was built into one of Canada's leading search firms, and sold in 1998 to a leader in North American Recruitment & Solution Services. In 2007, the same ownership that drove ISG to success, created isgSearch with a boutique-style approach, catering to the very specific needs of hiring clients and talented professionals in the IT space.