IT - Application & Software Development
Feb 20, 2020
One of North America's most recognized and respected brands, voted one of the best companies to work for in Canada, is looking for someone to assist in their continued , large scale business and technology transformation initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
Join a team in expansion mode. Be at the forefront of transformation in a Fortune 500 firm looking to take advantage of IOT, Big Data, Cloud, and Mobile platforms. Greenfield opportunity, a chance to build, influence and design- to make the job your own, in a company that has great people, leadership pipelines and believers in work/life balance etc
- Participate in component assessments and inspections, and supports, resolves, and documents issues that arise in the architecture.
- Support transformation of the current IT capabilities into a robust and efficient collection of IT services.
- Collaborate with other architects within Enterprise Architecture team and help maturing the team’s competency, capabilities, culture and value
- Perform core architecture functions (Solution Designs, Architectural Directions, Architecture Reviews, Software/Hardware Reviews, Technology Platform Improvements, Technology Governance)
- Work with the various architecture competencies (Security, Business, Data, and Product Architecture Groups) to build yearly roadmap updates and vision.
- Help defining architectural vision, creating target state architecture, performing current state analysis and roadmapping the journey towards the target state,
- Contribute to developing architectural standards and governance for core share services components (i.e. integration platform, API platform, big data platform, consumer technology platform and core systems)
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have knowledge of insurance Industry, Ideally P&C
- 4+ years technical experience in architecture/design
- 2+ years experience in SDLC (requirements, design, build, test, deploy) or similar
- Prior experience with large scale transformations and innovative technical breakthroughs
- Experience working in an Agile environment - SAFe experience is an asset
- Experience with developing and maturing Enterprise
- Must have great communication skills both written and verbal
- Solution architecture skills
- Technology and software engineering skills