IT - Application & Software Development
Jan 18, 2020
Responsible for the leadership and development for Information Technology strategy, team and performance. This entails leading and overseeing all aspects of technology planning, development and operations of the technology function. This executive role is responsible to assess, define and lead through immediate and long-term technology strategies, while ensuring that they are fully integrated and support the delivery of business strategy and plans.
- Work collaboratively with the CEO and the executive team to develop an in-depth understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the business, and balance planning and delivering on future information technology requirements with the implementation, maintenance and performance of current infrastructure and systems.
- Provide leadership and support to a team of skilled IT professionals while establishing a collaborative and performance driven culture that attracts, retains and motivates high caliber teams.
- Develop processes that regularly evaluate existing technology, information systems and staffing while creating plans and a roadmap, in cooperation with relevant business-line leads and stakeholders, to improve based on industry, technology and market trends.
- Lead the final phase planning and execution for an ERP system implementation in collaboration with business leaders.
- Proactively manage existing and future technology projects, ensuring project sponsors are engaged and deliverables are achieved. Build and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders (internal or external) to ensure project mandates meet the needs of the business.
- Research new solutions and emerging technologies and recommend how these solutions and technologies can improve our business.
- Ensure the reliable day-to-day operation of the technology infrastructure and systems.
- Assess IT risks and design, implement and test business continuity and disaster recovery procedures to mitigate those risks.
- Developing and implement policies and procedures to ensure the protection of company IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of corporate and personal information.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements as they relate to technology.
- Developing and monitor the annual operating and capital budgets for IT and supporting companywide infrastructure.
- Communicate IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including to management and operational groups.
- Establish, monitor and report on KPI metrics to relevant stakeholders and the executive management team.
- Maintain effective relationships with vendors and partners.
- Positive and strategically-minded leader with a proven track record for developing a collaborative and high-performing team.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and propose forward-thinking technology solutions to support the strategic direction of the business.
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environments and making tough decisions.
- Effectively build solid relationships across a variety of levels inside and outside the company.
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- Results focused with a strong track record of meeting strategic technology targets and deliverables amidst operational demands.
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal, communication & presentation skills with the ability to adjust and influence as the situation requires.
- Demonstrated capability to lead change and transformation activities.
- University degree in a field related to business, information technology or a relevant discipline.
- 15+ years of experience in a hands-on IT leadership role within a medium to large organization.
- Strong process thinking and project management skills.
- Strong technology background, current with the new and developing technologies.
- Ability to travel occasionally, as required.