IT - Project Management
Jan 18, 2020
The expected term of the engagement is 12 months with a high probability of renewal.
- 3-5 years of software implementation experience as a project manager
- Exposure to retail brokerage marketplace a big asset.
- Vendor management experience and related negotiations.
- Leads and directs the work of others
- Works well under pressure and makes deadlines
- Can perform effectively with a wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills; solid judgment; critical thinking skills; a sense of teamwork and community; ability to handle multiple tasks; highly organized
- Detail Oriented
- Undergraduate degree with preference to those with a Business Administration major
- Graduate degree preferred
- CSC and CPH
- PMP or equivalent preferred
Our client is a global solution provider in the wealth management technology space.
- The primary accountability of the Project Manager (PM) is to deliver solution(s) to the client, meet the approved scope/cost/schedule/quality for the project. The accountability includes detailed project planning leveraging the proposal, execution, control, deployment (including training and hand off to the business), warranty support, and closure.
- Client satisfaction with the project process and project team performance is a key expectation for the PM. In addition, the PM must ensure that all the artifacts of the project are stored in Knowledge Repositories as the project progresses.
- The PM develops a thorough understanding of the proposal, the business and IT requirements and the solution, and confirms the commitments, assumptions and constraints. The PM prepares the detailed project plan (and/or work packages) by working with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and secures the sign offs/approvals from the required stakeholders and the client, before starting the project execution.
- Plan (in detail) project scope, schedule, budget, risk, quality (includes requirements validation/verification and all testing), resourcing, procurement and information/communications
- Manage the project planning/execution/control/deployment/warranty support/closure, resourcing, procurement, risk management, issue management and change control processes,
- Manage knowledge by applying lessons learned from other projects and adding new ones to Knowledge repositories,
- Manage information and document flows by prioritizing and follow-up, and
- Manage the delivery of the approved business and IT requirements and documentation
- Lead by example (work ethic, time reporting/management, teamwork, enthusiasm and adaptability to change, etc.),